White DE version 2

Saturday, October 01, 2005

October

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It has been 9 years since my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer...6 1/2 years since she lost her battle. Please take this opportunity to ask your mothers, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, and friends to take some time to recieve their mammogram. It is recommended that women over 40 recieve them yearly, but no one is ever too young. My mother was not yet 40 when she was diagnosed, and I have known many women that battled breast cancer in their 20's and 30's.

Most of you that have read some of my past posts know a little of the backstory about my mother. I was 18 when she died in January of 1999. Without input from a father figure in my life, I was thrust into the world with little to fall back on. I know it has made me the person I am today and, personally, think I have done a pretty damn good job. There are a few times a year when I take a step back and look at everything going on in my life - My mother died in January, her birthday was in March, favorite holiday: Independence Day, and October, of course.

This time...looking things over..I am not sure what to think. I am, as usual, single...but for the first time in a long time, wishing I wasn't. I am, as usual, poor...but actually thinking about trying to save money. I am on a day-to-day basis at work - one day is great, the next I want to walk out. (Sometimes it's hour-to-hour.) I feel like I need something big to happen soon. The only thing is...I don't see anything good-big happening, and I certainly don't need bad-big.

-AND- New Music of the Moment

From Benny Bennassi (My favorite) and Disco Kings - Born to be Alive. This is a great 'wake-up' song in the morning. 'Cuz our days are already so heavy, wouldn't it be nice to think (even for just 6 minutes) that we were just born to be alive...and maybe that's enough? Fuck the world...crank the volume and dance in your PJs...or naked...or underwear, whatever you wear to bed. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr Man said...

sorry about your loss :-(

awesome MOTM! you know I love Benny Benassi more than life and any remixes!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home