White DE version 2

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Ahh, Sunday...

I woke up around 10:00 on Sunday (YAY, a whole 4 hours of sleep!) and started remembering back on what I could from the previous night. Good times...Noodle soup. I wasn't really hungover, but very dehydrated, so I shambled my way into the kitchen and spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how the water filter worked. I didn't want to disturb Paul and Lynn, and, luckily, I had brought a book, so I went back to bed. I dozed a bit and read a bit. Around 2:00 I heard some rustling from the front of the house, so I got up and met them in the kitchen. We had no real plans so we started on the papers. Let me tell you, 3 indecisive people can spend a LOT of time with the Sunday Chicago Tribune and New York Times. We read each other articles, laughed about the previous night...and completely avoided talking about what we were going to do that day. Whenever someone would bring it up we would quickly find an article to re-read or an ad to stare at.

Somehow we FINALLY decided that we would head down to Navy Pier for the afternoon. The weather wasn't great, but it was pretty nice out and it wouldn't be too packed. We did one lap to the end and on the way back went inside through the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows. (It was mostly to use the restroom, but I felt cultured, lol.)

We grabbed pretzels and sat outside the Bud Light Beer Garden listening to a pretty good cover band while people watching along the pier. (Tourists dress really poorly in Chicago.) We were asked to take several pictures of groups because evidently we looked like locals or photographers or something, lol. Well...here's our next dilemma...the 3 indecisives had made up their minds to do something...and had done it...now what? We sat there laughing at people and each other for a few hours, had a lot of fun. It turned chilly, though, so we jumped back in Paul's Pretty Passat and headed for the North Shore.

We walked into downtown Evanston for dinner at Las Palmas. It was a great little Mexican restaurant with good food and LOTS of it. It was nice, too, to talk through a town and see restaurants that are owned by actual people and not Chili's, Applebees, and O'Charley's. We went back out Sunday night, but it is late now and I will write about it tomorrow...It gets better ;) especially for your little Matty McMattMatt. (There's a boy involved.) Night for now, kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rigo said...

Don't know if it's e or your site, but I can't see your posts unless i go to the link on the left. Anyway, glad you had a great time, you better take me along next time. Wanna go to Vegas next month?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

More...more on the boy!!! ;)

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home