White DE version 2

Sunday, May 29, 2005

American poems (Whose America?)

American poems

It's not often that I am so affected by something a random person wrote that I feel a need to respond. This is a different case, though. I came across this blog by clicking the oh-so-innocent-looking 'Next Blog' button at the top of my screen. I only made it through the first sentence before I realized that I should click my mouse back to my "Tragic Demise" home. Equal opportunity does not mean equal result. I have only heard those words from people that are about to piss me off. But, I continued...with care.

OK, now...it's not that I hate conservatives (label applied by me)...I even know a few. But some of the things that have fallen onto this guy's keyboard really started to piss me off.

His first poem is about Memorial day...sounds good. He reminisces about past experiences. I don't share any of those experiences, so I believe what he writes.

BUT, then he goes on to write about how he doesn't want to nuke Mexico...but only because he wants to kill them himself. He weighs in on Terri Schiavo, gay marriage, terrorists.....and is against immigration - legal or otherwise from what I can tell.

He loves guns, is pro-war...but thinks abortion is murder. I've never understood that one...

So, this is my rant. I am going to go back to my inclusive, believing, loving, you're-as-good-as-me life...

(This post was e-mailed...I will have to check it out and see how it worked.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

Nuke Mexico? If we nuke Mexico, who will cut our lawns and clean our pools?

(Just kidding, I cut my own lawn and have no pool. I do, however, dream of a poolboy named Jose.)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Don't you enjoy the classic old english layout the blog uses? It almost makes his poems legitimate.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home