White DE version 2

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Martha. Martha! MARTHA!

Ok, so I have the day off today and all I have really managed to do is 9 loads of laundry and putting off mowing the lawn. I turned on the television just before 5:00 and caught the second episode of Martha, her new (live) nightly show on TLC. It's Poncho Day today and everyone is wearing ponchos that they crocheted. It's a really fun show and she knows how to poke fun at herself, lol. Today's first guest was David Spade who has played Martha on SNL. They had a whole segment on microwave cooking that Martha learned about while in prison.

I learned to crochet when I was about 8 years old. My paternal grandmother had the idea that everyone should know how to crochet and our assignment was a baby blanket by our 10th birthday. I remember finishing it, but I have no idea what ever happened to it.

Every once in a while, usually while wandering through Hobby Lobby or some similar store, I will grab a hook and some yarn and start a project. I usually don't finish anything...but, I think I am going to head out and see what I can find...I do need a new scarf for this winter. :)

We'll see.

5 Comments:

Blogger Matt S. said...

That is so cute, I wish I knew how to crochet! I still love me some Maartha to, she is definitely "a good thing".

6:00 PM  
Blogger ShinyFun said...

I'm still waiting for my scarf!!!!!! :-p

11:45 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I crocheted for one winter and had planned to make an afghan (sp?) but got bored with it by the 10th square and that was the end of that.

11:47 PM  
Blogger kinkyrhombus said...

i like cross-stitching of all pathetic things. i wish i knew how to crochet though, since it's the perfect disguise for those sticks of death!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Rigo said...

Dammit! I missed Martha!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home