White DE version 2

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

A Word About Recess

Not really...it's hardly as fun as recess.

Bush's "Recess Appointment" of John Bolton as Ambassador to the United Nations is so low-ball, behind-the-back....ugh, i can't think of other bad things to say.

You know how when you were kids and you wanted to play a game or watch a movie, but you knew one of your friends wouldn't choose the same as you? OK, maybe just us...I remember when we were younger, my sister never wanted to do the same things as the rest of us. What did we do? Well, being the democratic family that we were, we would take a vote...unfortunately, our parents instituted a 'unanimous' clause in our voting. There were four of us, but a simple majority would not cut it...we had to all agree on something to do. So, we would wait till our sister left the room and then we would vote...

Smells a lot like what Bush has done with his UN ambassador nominee. I should be forgiving. I mean, we did the same, right? Well - I was 10...and not the President of anything.

Mr. Bush, I will tell you the same thing our parents told us. "That's cheating...try again."

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt S. said...

Would you expect anything less from the prez?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I started to leave a comment -- but it turned into a post. Thanks for the idea. My response here:

http://breakfast-at-tiffanys.blogspot.com/2005/08/recess-is-over-time-for-history.html#comments

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home