White DE version 2

Friday, July 29, 2005

WOW...Random List

I keep a notepad near my computer on which I jot down notes of things I would like to write about...we're going to catch up on a few things tonight.
  • merger
  • Google
  • [adult swim]
  • Restoration Hardware
  • Nic Brown
  • Gobbler's Knob
May Company and Federated Department stores have finally announced their merger in this press release. Not a whole lot will change. Your local May Company store will, most likely, change its name to Macy's sometime next year. (Most not until fall) In markets where stores are duplicated in the same mall, one store will be divested and operations will continue in the larger or more modern facility. Lord & Taylor and Marshall Field's will (for now) keep their names. Let me just say, people are pissed. Part of the prestige of May Company stores is their regional names, and out customers have already (loudly) voiced their opinions. The prevailing sentiment is that they didn't like shopping at Macy's when there was one here...they won't shop at a new one, either. (Even if it really Ayres with a new sign slapped on the building.)

Someone (several someones?) has not caught on to the wonders of Bookmarking. Five times today on my referrals it showed a Google search for The Tragic Demise Matty McMattMatt from someone on ameritech.net. Lesson #26 in internet living: When you find a page you would like to revisit, just press [Ctrl]+[D]...Voila, a new bookmark for you. Oh...and lesson #27: Download Firefox and discover the joys of tabbed browsing...along with dozens of other advantages.


[adult swim]...I love it. BUT! Do you need to shove anime in the middle of my evening? I am sitting there enjoying my ATHF, Family Guy, Futurama, Harvey Birdman, etc...and all the sudden, all I hear is INUYASHA! Keep the anime later at night. Thanks.

Restoration Hardware...How do you sleep at night? Charging me $46 for the same Paradigm bath sheets that you used to give me for $34? How dare you, RH...how dare you?

You know how sometimes someone jumps into your mind that you haven't thought of in years? OK...So, I was laying bed last night and Nic Brown jumped into my brain. He is from about 2 hours east of me and I haven't seen him in over 3 years. Now, you might think that we were great friends and fell out of touch...but you would be wrong. Nic and I met through a friend of mine after they met on the internet. It was right before Nic's birthday and I took him to the mall one night. We bonded over a Marilyn Monroe cd, and I bought it for him for his birthday. (He bought it for me, too...how sweet) He and my friend were not a good match, but we were. We dated for a couple months and had great sex...but it was nothing deep. Why is he on my mind all the time now?

Speaking of random things on my mind...I once rented a cabin with my fraternity brothers for an event. It was a pledge retreat, I think...doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the name of the town the cabin was in. Ready? Gobbler's Knob. Yes, my friends...there is a Gobbler's Knob, Indiana. I have been called a knob gobbler...many of us have...but I didn't know until then that we had a whole town.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pimpin' said...

Wait... you paid $34 for towels in the first place?? And you didn't hang them on the wall as tapestries?

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home