White DE version 2

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Spell With flickr

Scotty was wondering where I get all my nifty number/letter pics that I use on here. Well, secret's out -- it's this little widget called Spell With flickr. Basically, you type in what you want it to say and it find matching pics on flickr cropped to show just those numbers and letters. Say you wanna spell your name:

sign mDSC00064lopes_ty


This is what pops up. (It gives you the HTML code right below...just copy/paste.) Well...I, for one, hate McDonald's, and I am not really digging that the two 'T's are so similar. All you need to do is click the picture...and you get a new option for that letter. (Keep clicking till you like it.)
***WARNING*** This part can be slightly addictive...especially if you are a perfectionist or a little OCD.

Mashpping container tTy

Voila. New letters. By the way, it gives you a choice of whether to display things in regular size or square. Regular just means that they will not be reduced to a common size.

MaDSC00064..."T"Y version 1

But, I think that looks too sloppy for my taste. Anyway, there you go.

(Oh, and yes, I do know that J6 and BF added their counter a month after mine...so, they really beat me by quite a lot. I just thought it would be fun if we both hit it at the same time...not really a competition. I think we both still deserve the congratulations we got. We did good.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jay Six said...

I doubt we actually beat you by much at all. Nobody much but FB was reading the blog when I was J6 solo...:)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Incognito said...

So... I thought you hated being called Matty? Do I get to call you Matty now? Huh, Matty?

2:09 PM  
Blogger purpletwinkie said...

cool tool :)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Thanks matt. I have flickr so i will check it out!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said...

J6...I have been toying with the idea of a co-blogger...but I have gotten awfully territorial.

Incognito...no, you may not. I can be properly referred to as Matt, McMatt, or Matty McMattMatt. NOT Matty. I just used Matty as the example because 'Fuck You' wouldn't fit on one line. ;)

FB...I bet if we really put our minds to it we could hit it at the same time whenever we want.

PurpleTwinkie...thanks for the compliment on my tool.

Scotty...That's the great thing...you don't even need flickr. It trolls the sites for you.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home