White DE version 2

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Do You Like The Way I Rock It?

Watching the Chaotic marathon on VH1. As much as I make fun of people ridicule Britney and Kevin and their relationship...I find myself really jealous of what it seems like they have. I am watching the wedding episode right now and everything seems so possible.

I don't know what I've been looking for in a relationship. All of my successful relationships have started accidently. It's usually somebody I already know. Just hanging out with friends and all the sudden, one of them looks a little different. It's a new possibility. Over the years I have changed my idea of what a relationship entails. No longer an thing I feel I have to have...it's more something I desire, but do not need. Thinking back on most of the people I've 'dated'...it was just something to call the times between having sex. "Oh, us? We're dating."

When I think of a relationship now, sex is nearly the last thing that crosses my mind. I think about the Sunday afternoons on the sofa reading the paper. I think of the walks downtown to get coffee. I think of breezy evenings at the river watching the water and the sky go by. I think of the inside jokes that aren't really funny...not even to us. I think of walking in the rain while holding each other's hand. I think of the days when there is nothing to do, but there is nothing I would rather do...as long as I am with that person.

I think of all the possibilities.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I think the walks to the park and just sitting in each other's arms FAR outweight the sex ANY day!

11:23 PM  
Blogger flannel04 said...

And once you've been in a relationship for a few years, you're not going to be having sex all that much anymore anyway. Says the old married lady to single man.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home