White DE version 2

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Just when I thought...

the worst had passed...

I woke up this morning to another e-mail. (I am really starting to dread reading my mail.) One of my friends wrote to tell me that our friend that lives in FL was found Thursday morning in his swimming pool...he had drowned sometime overnight. The night before he had dinner with some friends and, although they had a couple bottles of wine, he wasn't drunk.

I have definitely reached a point where I am not reacting anymore. I took the news as if he had told me that we were out of salt. I know I am in avoidance right now...it'll all hit me soon, i think.

I have 7 days off in the next week and a half...I think it is going to be needed.

Sorry to drop this all on here...I know it hasn't been a very entertaining read lately. Don't worry, I'll buck up and get something good together for you soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger purpletwinkie said...

Matt, I'm really sorry to read about all that has happened in your life lately. Please know I'm thinking of you.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Rigo said...

I wish I was there to give you a giant hug.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

At times, life can be overwhelming. But it is life. Friends live; friends move on; friends die. Mourn not for what you have lost, but remember what you have gained.

As someone with a family history full of depression and suicide -- plus I'm a helluva lot older ;-) -- take it from me, you have to find your place of balance. It may be in a park or in your room watching bad movies with Boo Bees.

And there's nothing wrong with seeking medical help. I can't quite understand why humans will wait hours for nose spray to get over a damned, three-day common cold but will not seek help for a very real disease that last a lifetime: mental illness.

Get off your ass and go tomorrow.

(This message brought to you by a preachy Irish mutt in the Deep South. With apologies for stealing Jay and FB's closing line.)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I agree with Jake. Sometimes when we are getting hit with all this we need to take action on our own. And DON'T feel bad for blogging the bad stuff. This is your escape. Put it out there so we can help some way.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home