White DE version 2

Saturday, March 05, 2005

*YAWN* *STRETCH*

Hey, Kids...how's everything out there in the real world? I just woke up at 12:30 in the afternoon...and I am HAPPY about it! I have had to be at work at 7 & 8 for the past 3 days and it was about to kill me. We were starting our biggest spring shoe sale (Shoe Spectacular...and it is) and had to prepare...can I just say we rang up $27,000 in shoes (1/3 of which were free) in 5 hours. It's days like that that make you love commission. Though, the paycheck yesterday is what makes you hate commission, because since we were reserving shoes for this sale no one actually bought anything last week. $170 does not go as far as it used to. (Especially when you go to Hollywood Video in your pajamas at 9:00 and buy 3 movies for $30)

Oh, and about that. Just a friendly reminder: just because you've been awake since 5:00 am and feel like it is the middle of the night, people will still stare at you strangely when you walk into the video store at 9 in the evening wearing Valentine's Day PJ pants and flip flops.

On another note...I think I am addicted..to buying DVDs. I never bought DVDs until about 4 months ago. and in the past 3 weeks I have bought:

  • Camp
  • Girls Will Be Girls
  • Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
  • Angels in America (disk 1)
  • Identity
  • A Mighty Wind
  • Intolerable Cruelty
  • Die Mommie Die!
  • Cabin Fever
  • A Home at the End of the World
  • Garden State
  • Chicago
  • Napoleon Dynamite

And I rented a few, too. Most notably I (HEART) Huckabees.

Movie night at my place anyone?

Anyway, I have to be at work at 2...so I should probably go get wet. I hope everyone is doing well, and I will post more regularly now that Shoe Shittacular is underway.

One last thing...Women can be real bitches when you tell them that shoes are buy one get one free. REAL BITCHES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home