White DE version 2

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Chicago Is So Two Years Ago


We're going to Chicago this weekend! I am so super excited. There was a time that I was in Chicago every 3rd weekend, or sometimes more frequently. Unfortunately, I haven't been up since (I think) August. My friend Robyn just moved up to DuPage county and that's close enough to Chicago to get me to visit. ;) No, seriously, I would visit Robyn, anyway - but it's nice to get back to my city. The best part is that Robyn hasn't been to Grant Park, Millenium Park, The Loop, Field's...not even to the beach!

I am supposed to have dinner with my friend Michael at Lafayette City Grill this Friday night and then go out for a drink afterwards. Saturday morning we're heading up to Chicago and that's only gonna give us Saturday and Sunday in the city. I kinda want to stay through Monday, but Robyn has to work Monday. hmm. You know, we could just stay overnight Sunday night and leave with Robyn Monday morning - that would still give us Monday in Chicago before we have to come back for work on Tuesday.

The picture above is of the Great Lawn in front of Pritzker Pavillion at Millenium Park.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Xanadu said...

Matty - my boy! :) Have a blast in Chicago, buddy!! I just got back from there yesterday. It was a wicked time - literally - because I saw "Wicked" the musical. Totally awesome. I had some great meals at the Grand Lux Cafe, Heaven on Seven, Giordanno's, etc. I got over to Boystown for some fun at a couple of the hot spots there and had a great time. I cannot wait until Chicago becomes my full time permanent residence in the not-so-distant future. It is truly one of the most incredible cities in the world. I hope you'll tell us all about your trip. Have a blast, my friend.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home