White DE version 2

Monday, December 26, 2005

Whoopdee Shit

2O 0One Digit / 0Subway0

WE DID IT!

I started a counter on this page back in March...the 27th, to be precise...and today we hit our 20,000th visit. :)

Not bad for 9 months of 'work' if you ask me.

The lucky winner (of nothing, btw) is:

Domain Name - verizon.net (Network)
IP Address - 71.108.5.# (Verizon Internet Services)
ISP Verizon Internet Services
Location
Continent : North America
Country : United States
State : California
City : Los Alamitos
Lat/Long : 33.6403, -117.7694
Distance : 1,773 miles

In other news...

Christmas went off without a hitch...without much of anything, actually, lol. My grandmother, step-father, sister, and her boyfriend were all together at the house for an hour or so yesterday to exchange gifts. I got 4 books (that I won't read), a giftcard, and some cash. I bought a crystal globe and a shirt for my stepfather...my sister got a wallet, a pink ribbon keychain, and a sweater. My grandmother made out the best of anyone...I got her a diamond necklace, a crystal vase, and a windchime.

This is my opinion on buying gifts: I hate feeling obligated to buy someone something. On the other hand, though, I LOVE finding things that I think people will like. Perfect example...I hadn't planned on buying anything for Holly's boyf Jeff, but while I was walking through a store last weekend, I found a wall plaque outlining the rules of Texas Hold'em. It was perfect for his poker room...So I wanted to get it for him. On the other hand - buying something for my sister (whom I hardly know) seems so contrived. This, I think, is one of the reasons I detest xmas so much.

After everyone left I layed down for a nap and woke up around 6:00. We were planning to go to Holly's to exchange friend gifts (and have a few drinks). We first headed to Blockbuster to rent a movie ('Devil's Rejects' and 'Happy Endings'). When we got back to Jeff's house, he gave me my present (partly for xmas and partly for letting his dog out the night before)...a huge bottle of Grey Goose. YAY...see, xmas gifts should be meaningful. ;) When Lynn showed up we did the rest of the gifts. I got Lynn a pair of red pumps that she wanted, a pair of earrings, and a set of dessert plates. Holly got just a shirt that she had her eye on because I had already helped her buy the BCBG boots that she wanted. I got 'The Rules of Attraction' DVD and a super cute shirt from Lynn and 'Z' by Zegna (my favorite cologne) from Holly.

I got home around 1:30a and had to be at work at 5:45a. Sounds gross, right? Oh, it gets worse. I got exactly 15 minutes of sleep - from 4:30-4:45a. Yeah - I faced the day after xmas on a quarter hour of sleep. (and no, David, no one died, lol) When I got home at 2:30 I dropped right into bed and took a nap until about 5:00. Now, of course, I can't get to sleep...My sleep schedule is so fucked up. :(

Also: Tonight is the first night of Kwanzaa and the second night of Hannukah...Happy Holidays (still) to everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

COngrats on the milestone! Hope you had a great holiday Matt. Cheers!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I have some great recipes for the Goose. Bring it on over!

And congratulations on the 20,000th visitor.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home