White DE version 2

Monday, August 22, 2005

You're the Worst Thing for Me

So, we have our first Awesome Breakup Song. Pusaka feat. Thea Austin - You're the Worst Thing for Me. You know that relationship that you know is bad for you, but you can't bear the thought of life without the person...I think that's what this song speaks to. He's done you wrong so many times that he should've been dropped a long time ago. But...there he is - still in your life. The harder you try to get rid of him, the more you end up back in his arms.

In other news...the weekend was pretty awesome. I worked till 10 on Saturday and came home to get ready to go out. Robyn met us at Lynn's apartment and we headed up the hill to Chauncey. Our friend Brittnie was at Stacks (aka Wabash Yacht Club) and we were going to meet her there. Well, we got there and in the first 5 minutes one girl dropped an entire drink on the floor in front of me, a girl burned Lynn's leg with a cigarette, Robyn stepped on some guys toe, and Brittnie decided she was going to go home. To make it so much better, the place was PACKED. Like fire-code violations packed. I didn't see anyone sitting at the tables, and I hope there wasn't because they would have been trampled beneath the crowd, lol. There was not even a path from the front to the back. When I say all that happened in the first 5 minutes...it also happened in the ONLY 5 minutes we were there.

We got back in the car and headed across the river into downtown Lafayette. Good ole Knickerbocker. We had free passes from Jeff so we didn't even have to pay cover...ROCK! We got there at about midnight and started boozing. Considering Jeff knew I wasn't driving and he loves to see me drunk, my second drink was basically a glass of vodka that he pointed the soda at. I almost wanted to ask for some lime juice so I could call it a cocktail instead of a triple shot, lol. (And, he caught on that I don't like a lime wedge on my glass, so I got a big gay umbrella instead, lol) By the time I finished that drink it was after last call...we headed out of that bar so the girls could clean the tables and floor. After a cigarette we headed back in and sat at the bar while Jeff closed up. Purdue had held a welcome-back luncheon for the faculty at the bar that afternoon, so Jeff carted out tray after tray of hors d'oeuvres. Yummm. We had little sweet nibbly things and stuffed grape leaves, pickled asparagus, cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto, and hummus. (Oh god...the hummus - to die for.) And, of course, we had another drink...just to make sure we wouldn't lose the precious buzz.

Around 4:00 we headed to Jeff and Hollie's to play cards...and drink more. There was poker, there was vodka, there was beer, there was a hot tub...and there were a lot of people not wearing underwear. (Who wears underwear on Saturday night? No one I know, evidently.) Lynn smacked my ass so hard she had to ice her hand...I think I still have a handprint on my butt. Let's just say I got home at 8:00 on Sunday morning. I still couldn't sleep, so I slipped off my shoes and into my lawn-mowing flip-flops and did yardwork all morning. I finally got to sleep around 3:00 in the afternoon and ended up sleeping till 9:00.

Got to work today and had to train Holly's replacement...So far I don't like her. I'm sure she'll work out fine, but for now...her personality is too 'blah' for me.

Enough for now...enjoy the music and your Monday night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr Man said...

oh my Cher, I totally forgot about that song...ever so briefly. I was in a bad relationship when I discovered it, along with "Reason" by Ian van Dahl, and "No One's Gonna Change You" by Reina. Remixes, mostly, of course. Can you tell what I was mentally going through. Speaking of Reina, have you heard the Giuseppe D.'s Unforgiving Mix of Reina's "Forgive" that's becoming popular?

9:06 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Nothin like some good booze and hor deurv (or however the fuck you spell that) on a weekend! Sounds like you had some fun though.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home