White DE version 2

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

When, WHEN Did This Happen?

When did I become a rock* fan? When did The Killers, Hot Hot Heat, My Chemical Romance, System of a Down, and Jack Johnson replace Burnside Project, Junior Vasquez, Benny Bennassi, Peter Rauhofer, and Pusaka on my 'Most Played' playlist? Lydia Prim and Ralphi Rosario were my first obsessions in music. Chicago has a great house music scene and I came into my own hearing them at Hydrate, Spin, and Berlin.

It snuck up on me, this change in music. Innocently enough I started with The Killers...Before you know, last night I am watching All Things Rock on MTV. Now, I am no connoisseur of music. I owned NSync...even an O-Town single. I am a sucker for catchy Summer-Pop...but I always went back to my hard-house roots when it really counted. I don't know how I feel about it...kind of like a traitor.

*I'm not sure this loose genre of music is even called rock, but I don't know what else to call it. I thought about Pop-Rock...just be sure not to mix it with soda.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love pop-rocks! Anyways, yes.. I was the original pop-music princess and everything else I liked was pop-country crossover, europop, rock/pop yeah... so I think it's okay to like the Killers.. I think they are AMAZING. They make me feel when I listen to their music.. they make me DANCE too. Dance, shake your pants... doesn't mean you're a traitor. I think my roots are in lyrical music like Edwin McCain. (is he pop?) ~Ann

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home