White DE version 2

Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm Looking for Baggage That Goes with Mine...

So, where to start...

First of all, Prison Break is back on Fox tonight after a 3 week hiatus for hockey, or something...I'm excited. It's not often that a show like this catches my attention and this time it's not JUST because of the hotness of an actor...

As if Halloween weren't already the best holiday, Hydrate is putting on one of the absolute BEST weekends of excitement I have seen in a long time. There will be performances by Martha Wash and Cece Peniston along with a roster of DJs that makes me want to pee my pants. The very idea of Hex Hector, Ralphi Rosario, Lydia Prim, Laura B, and Rodney Decker in the same place verges on orgasmic. And guess who has to work all weekend. Yes...Matty McMattMatt. You know what that is? It's a damn shame...


In news that is hard to believe, but true, this is a rendering of a skywalk planned to open on the Grand Canyon early next year. It will be 4,000 ft aboce the Colorado River and canyon floor and reach 80 yards from the brink of the cliff. The platform will be completely surrounded by 4-inch thick glass (or plexi) and accomodate about 120 people at a time. You know...I am not DEATHLY afraid of heights, but the thought of being on a (seemingly) unsupported platform about 3/4 of a mile above a little river is not my idea of a good time. Admittedly, it is designed to withstand an 8.0 magnitude earthquake with an epicenter 50 miles away...I will probably show up on a day when there is an 8.1 earthquake centered about 45 miles away, lol...

Gay news anchor? The hell you say. OK, so I know Anderson Cooper has become everyone's Gay Anchor...but, the Washington Blade has a little anecdote about Shepard Smith that might give good ole Coop some company...
Smith once chatted me up in a New York City gay piano bar, bought me drinks, and invited me back to his place. When I declined, he asked me to dinner the next night, another invitation I politely refused.

We sat at the bar chatting and drinking martinis until 3 a.m., our conversation interrupted only when he paused to belt out the lyrics to whatever showtune was being performed.

You know...there are better ways to stay in the closet than trying to pick guys up at a piano bar. (How about not going to a flipping PIANO BAR!?)

On a personal note, my HR manager called me into her office today with the store manager. I was steeled for the worst after missing work on Saturday...but it wasn't really about that. Well, it was, but - they were concerned...and that was kinda sweet. I have been dealing with a lot of shit lately that hasn't been bloggable, so I was without an outlet for most of it. Evidently, I was carrying it to work more than I thought. Well, there's nothing like a good ole fashioned cry in front of two of your bosses to make your afternoon. Anyway...It's over now, and so it most of the shit I was dealing with - I hope.

*****MOTM*****
Back by popular demand, Ringside - Tired of Being Sorry. By 'popular demand' I mean that nearly every Google hit I have had since I posted that song has been for that lyric "Maybe you were right, but baby I was lonely". So, for the first time ever, we are having a re-post of a MOTM. I still like the song, so it's ok. ;)

Ringside - Tired of Being Sorry

I don't know why
You want to follow me tonight
When the rest of the world
With whom I've crossed and I've quarreled
Let's me down so
For a thousand reasons that I know
To share forever the unrest
With all the demons I possess
Beneath the silver moon

Maybe you were right
But baby I was lonely
I don't want to fight
I'm tired of being sorry

Chandler and Van Nuys
With all the vampires and their brides
We're all bloodless and blind
And longing for a life
Beyond the silver moon

Maybe you were right
But baby I was lonely
I don't want to fight
I'm tired of being sorry
I'm standing in the street
Crying out for you
No one sees me
But the silver moon

So far away – so outer space
I've trashed myself – I've lost my way
I've got to get to you

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

OK...I am not afraid of heights but I think I might have to pass on that crazy assed idea of a tourist attraction. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

11:36 PM  
Blogger Pimpin' said...

Silly... hockey's on NBC. I think Fox had the curling championships or something.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

I am so jealous that you get to see CeCe Peniston, I adore her!

Good luck with everything, I hope you are feeling better!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home