White DE version 2

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Good Times Are Killin' Me...

As promised, we have new Music of the Moment from a local band. Jakob Best Outfit is a great local band that we came across recently at the Knickerbocker. Their new album, Clothing Optional, is out now and available on their website. Robyn (the smart one) chose this track, Newton's Law, from the disk for our MOTM. The cd is only $10 (Plus shipping, unless you plan on visiting.), so if you feel like supporting an up and coming local act, contact them via the link above.

Let me just tell you about this weekend real quick.

Thursday night I got off work and hit the ATM...after gathering as much cash as possible I called Lynn and we headed to the Knickerbocker. When we got there and took our seats at the bar Jeff started pouring and didn't stop all night long. I met some older guy that came up to talk to me. This is going to make me sound bad, but I was really kinda hoping that he was rich and gay and wanted to buy me things. Unfortunately, he was just old and drunk and wanted to annoy me. The end of the night came rather quickly and Lynn, Dan and I walked across the river to Lynn's apartment to finish off a bottle of vodka and crash.

Friday, luckily, I didn't have to work, so I actually got a little sleep, which was nice. Friday night, Karl's band (Jakob Best Outfit) was playing at Luxie's so Robyn and I headed out early to get a good table and wait for everyone else. The band was great and Karl came over to chat during their first break. He had his ever present shot of Don Julio and a couple cigarettes with us before he headed back up to the stage. After the second break we started to catch on that the band was getting pretty drunk, lol. At no point were all the band members back on stage, so it was kind of just a jam session...an awesome one at that. Lynn did request, and get, them to sing Afternoon Delight a cappella. In a word: AMAZING...in two words...FUCKING HILARIOUS. We thought Holly would be out so we made our way to the Knickerbocker only to find out that she had either stayed home or already left. Well, while we were there, we decided we may as well have ONE drink. Luxie's closed soon after we left, so people started trickling into the 'Bocker and that one drink became a couple but we were all so tired it ended quickly.

Robyn and Karl had a date on Saturday night...Lynn and I decided to hit the BiggerKnockers for a few (too many) drinks. Everyone showed up after a while and I have a new boy-crush on our friend Alex. He was talking about his calves and said I could feel. Um...nice...and his head is shaved...and he lets me rub it...and he's hot...but-straight. By the end of the night it had been decided that I would drive and dropped Lynn off at her place and took another friend to his house before I finally made it back home. After shooting off a couple e-mails I decided that I should go have sex with '20'. I showed up at his house around 4:45 and he was (obviously) asleep...but that didn't last long. Long story-short: I got home around 6:30 and had to be up at 8:30. Sunday was officially the LONGEST day in the history of the planet...it was fucking ridiculous. Work was hell and we were super busy. After work, we rented some movies and headed over to Robyn's house to watch 'Team America: World Police' and 'Amityville'. I didn't get home till about 3:00 this morning and was up again at 8:00 for work.

Matty McMattMatt is tired...and is going to bed early tonight. (Unless my phone rings...I am up for whatever.) lol

2 Comments:

Blogger Pimpin' said...

Whew... I'm tired (and drunk) just reading about your weekend!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Good gawd...you wore me out. Sounds like a hoppin' happenin' weekend.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home