White DE version 2

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Such a Weird Day...and Now I am Just Annoyed

I could not get to sleep last night...just couldn't. It was physically impossible for me to close my eyes for more than a few seconds without getting ADD and thinking about 100 different things. So, I finally got to sleep around 3:30, which wouldn't be so bad, but I had to work at 7:00. I got up around 5:30 - ok, it was closer to 6:00, but who's counting? I got to work and, of course, we were SO slow till about 10:00. It wasn't a real bad day...sold quite a bit, so that's good.

The weirdness starts when I left work. I stopped at the SuperTest on the way home to buy a Pepsi and cigarettes. When I pulled into the parking lot, I saw a woman standing next to a van, crying under the gas canopy. I was curious as to why she was crying, but not enough to care. I went in and as I was standing in front of the Pepsi cooler, the women walked inside. I kinda hung back because I didn't really want to get involved in anything that was going on...just wanted to go home. She approached the counter and, through her tears, asked the attendant why she wouldn't give her any gas. The cashier explained that they were in the business of selling gasoline, not giving it away. The woman started a new bout of sobs and complained that she didn't think she had enough has to get home. I kinda started to feel bad for the lady. I have never run out of gas, but I am sure it would suck. And I am sure it would suck more if you had no money. The attendant asked if there was anyone she could call that could bring her some money. The lady said yes, and grabbed for the phone. I thought it was all over and started to the counter when the crazy bitch THREW THE PHONE at the cashier! "Don't you think I woulda thoughta that, you dirty bitch!" My shoulders fell as I uttered a 'WTF' under my breath. The manager came running out of the office and started screaming that the woman had to leave the building. The woman finally turned around to leave after going on and on that they should give her gas because she needed it and blah blah blah. The manager looked at her straight in the eye and said, "You know...I've done it before, but not for people that throw shit at my employees." She finally got the woman out the door, but she didn't head for her van. She started going to the people at each pump and asking them for money. I went up to the counter to make my purchase when the woman came crashing back in screaming that we were all bastards for not helping her. This is when the cashier piped up with a really novel idea. "Maybe you could return the $35 carton of cigs you just bought." WHAT? All sympathy flew out the window when the woman said no. The manager finally hustled the woman BACK out the door again - and then LOCKS THE DOOR! WTF? Christ on a stick. The woman outside was banging on the door, yelling at us while the manager called the police. 'For our protection' she wouldn't let us leave till thep police showed up.

The police showed up within about 10 minutes and put her in the back of the car...not cuffed or anything, though, so I don't know if she was arrested. All I care about is that I was FINALLY allowed to leave the flippin gas station after almost 30 minutes. By this point, the employee that got hit with the phone was on her cell laughing about it to her friend, so I think it's ok.

Anyway...I got home around 5:00 and flipped on the tv - and spent 3 hours watching a JetBlue airbus circle LAX with his landing gear all floppyjawed. They made a safe landing and everyone was ok...but that is how I spent my night.

OH! That and listening to this FUCKING America's Next Top Model commercial on AIM. This thing at the top of my Buddy List has been playing REPEATEDLY for hours. I hit the stop button, the pause button, the mute button...everything. I even watched the show, and it STILL wouldn't go away, lol. My head hurts now because of it. :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Rigo said...

I don't care if people smoke, but Jesus Christ Lady!, return the carton, buy a pack and get gas in your car. At least you had one of those once in a lifetime opportunities(hopefully).

11:08 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

damn dude. You get to have ALL the fun!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Matt S. said...

Wow, I was feeling really bad for her at first, but man that shit is crazy! She threw the phone, that is awesome, I would have paid to see that, of course I would have been onthe floor hiding in the aisle afraid she was going to pull out a gun.

I watched that Jet Blue stuff all night to, it was crazy, I was really worried for those people.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I'm with Matt S. I woulda given her $20 to just keep acting like a crazy bitch so I would have something to blog about other than hurricanes.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home