White DE version 2

Monday, March 13, 2006

Lunch with Wentworth

Chicago was fun - as always. We stayed with Lynn's sister, Robyn, and she lives in Downer's Grove. It's a bit of an adjustment from staying in the city...mostly because there has to be so much more planning put into getting everywhere. I am used to walking out the door and down the street to the el and waiting for a train. Downer's Grove, though, is not on the el. The Blue Line goes as far west as Forest Park, but it's another 20 minute drive from there to Robyn's house.

We got to her apartment Saturday afternoon and decided to go shopping. We drove into Forest Park and took the train into the loop. We were going to Marshall Field's but wanted something to eat first. Unfortunately, I don't know any restaurants in the Loop - never eaten there. After walking a few blocks we had only seen McDonald's, Popeye's, and a hot dog counter. We ended up across the street from a Subway on Wabash and decided to eat there...just a bite. As I was waiting for my sanwich to be toasted, I looked behind me. Standing 2 customers behind me was the hottest guy I had seen in, like, years. As I was looking at him, he glanced at me and smiled. HOLY EFFING SHIT! Not only was he the hottest man ever, he was Wentworth Miller. After I paid for my sandwich I got my soda and lingered back toward the register. As he came up to the counter I said Hello to him and told him I really loved his show - all the gushy stuff, you know. And then, for some retarded reason, I asked him if I could pay for his sandwich. I don't know why, it makes no sense. And what I actually said was, "I would love if you would let me buy your lunch." He kinda laughed and said, "ok." I told him it was exciting to see him and went to sit down. As soon as I turned, a woman caught my eye and kinda mouthed, "Is that him?" I nodded to her and she jumped out of her chair and ran over to him. As she opened her mouth and asked for his autograph, I realized THAT was what I meant to do...not buy his lunch, lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home