White DE version 2

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Trev Diesel

We have ANOTHER new Music of the Moment. Can you hardly stand it? I know... I'll give you a moment to collect yourself.

Our new song is one of my favorites from a local guy. Trev Diesel is a Lafayette act that is just fantastic. (I hope he doesn't mind me saying he's kinda cute, too...lol)

'Parachute' is the title track of his just-released disc "The Parachute EP". I am always horrible at trying to explain an artists work, so I will let his website do the talking.


Singer/songwriter Trev Diesel's music is a diverse blend of styles with one thing in common: catchy, well-written songs that are both lyrically significant and musically interesting. Through sing-along melodies and head-bopping grooves, he presents a unique musical offering that will engage listeners' hearts, minds and souls.

A classically trained student of both guitar and percussion, Trev studied music composition at Ball State University before going on to be a part of such bands as redletterproject and roebuck[bevy]. Now performing as a solo artist, Trev Diesel's live act has begun to win an audience through stellar musicianship and interactive stage shows.

Trev's first major solo recording, The Parachute EP (2006), is a collection of crowd favorites from his outstanding live sets. An eclectic blend of pop, rock, jam, funk, reggae and jazz, the EP showcases his abilities as a skilled lyricist, singer, guitarist, and songwriter. The instantly memorable melodies, intelligent lyrics, and emotional vocal presentation coupled with the vibrant musicianship on behalf of his players and the sleek, warm capture of sound by the production team make these songs a refreshing diversion from the norm.


You can get your own copy of the 6-track EP on the Merchandise page of TrevDiesel[dotcom] for only $8.50 including shipping and handling. If you like what you hear, I strongly suggest picking up this debut recording from one of my locals. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

He is cute. And, um, I'm sure he's talented. Yeah, that's what I meant to say to start with.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home