White DE version 2

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Pope, Alcoholics, and Witches

The Pope's passing, while unfortunate, has allowed me to revive some long lost vocabulary. Pope-tastic is a word that has never fails to bring me near tears with laughter...and then there's Pope-alicious, which I just can't take. It's hysterical to me. I might fall over. I do not mean to offend Catholics with these terms. As you can see from the quiz below I am fairly rooted in my Agnosticism, but I do not mean to discount anyone else's religious beliefs...just don't talk to me about them. ok?

In other news: My birthday is Thursday, April 7th. You wanna know what else is on Thursday, April 7th? National Alcoholics Screening Day. Coincidence? I think not. I won't be going out Thursday night (that I know of), but I will be in Chicago all weekend holding up my end of the bargain. I almost wrote all about wanting people to e-mail me their favorite bars in Chicago that I should check out, but I am pretty set in my ways and I wouldn't go anyway. So, instead, I decided I would tell you MY favorite bars in Chicago that YOU should check out.
--Big Chicks is a great bar in Uptown that is mostly gay, but all inclusive. It features great music and a postage stamp of a dance floor. The drinks are great and there is soft-core art on the walls.
--Roscoe's on Halsted is my absolute fave. Everything you could want in a bar: Cute bartenders (*wink* @ Joey), good drinks (try a pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea, perfect music (a video bar in the front and a great dance floor in the back), did I mention hot boys? There's LOTS of hot boys.
--@tmosphere is in Andersonville. A really cool neighborhood feeling bar with *WHAT?!* no cover!
--Charlie's is an institution if only for the fact that they stay open later on most nights than the rest of the bars in Boystown.
--Sidetrack is a great video bar with good drinks, no dance floor at all, though. A good place to stop for a breath between some of the others.

While you're on Halsted you can make your way to the very pretty, but otherwise unimpressive Hydrate. It's not all bad, though. On Tuesdays you can get a Ketel One Martini and a manicure for $15...and that's a deal any day of the week.

Last thing...I bought Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West because I couldn't get tickets to see the show in Chicago. So, I am gonna spend the night reading and listening to the soundtrack...Imagining what it would be like to see it on stage. (that is, unless someone out there has a couple (ok, six) of extra tickets to see it this weekend that they wouldn't mind parting with.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home