White DE version 2

Friday, April 01, 2005

One Big Post

Nothing all that exciting since this morning...I learned that Terri Schiavo died around 9:00, and as I was driving through town this morning I noticed flags at half-mast. Now, I do not mean to insinuate that her life was worthless or without consequence, but I think having flags lowered is something that should be reserved for Presidents, Congressmen, Heads of State, or a prominent local figure...etc. I had an elderly uncle that went through much the same process about 15 years ago and it did not garner national attention, and I guarantee no one lowered flags. So, I spent the next 2 hours thinking about calling these businesses and berating them or writing a letter to the editor of the local paper...and then I realize that this whole time I think this issue has been blown out of proportion and I would just be feeding the fire I have tried to ignore for 3 weeks. (That, and I think my activist license ran out when I quit volunteering for Campus for Choice, Planned Parenthood, and the Democratic Party...basically quit volunteering all together.)


And now for something completely different:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I do believe that I will go see House of Wax just so i can watch this scene...he's just downright yummy.

Speaking of yummy...a friend e-mailed me these pics with the hopes that I would start watching Desperate Housewives and I thought we should all enjoy them for a moment.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I have just two things to say about him:
  • Yes, please!
  • Twice, thanks.
And just one more thing...2 great websites you should check out www.overheardinnewyork.com (because who knew so many dumbasses could love on an island that small) and postsecret.blogspot.com (because you get to learn dirty little things about anonymous people...it might be your neighbor)

Here is one of my fave secrets--
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's all for now...I think I will have more to say now that I am fully non-sick and over my 'i-wanna-relationship' week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home