White DE version 2

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Don't Be That Guy...

I've been meaning to blog about this for a while and something in my last post reminded me about it.
'One of those people that watches those kinds of movies.'
I learned a very good life lesson from a very bad movie. I hope at least some of you have seen PCU with Jeremy Piven. If you remember, there is a scene where Gutter is going to a concert and Droz sees him wearing the bands T-shirt. In a moment that changed my life Droz says, "What's this? You're gonna wear the shirt of the band you're gonna go see? Don't be that guy!"

I have spent the last 11 years of my life making decisions based on that line...Do I wanna be THAT GUY? Almost always the answer is no. Should I have another drink? No, I don't wanna be THAT GUY that throws up in the bathroom at the bar. Should I flirt with this man-whore in the bar? No, I don't wanna be THAT GUY that gets some in the bathroom at the bar. OK, I am both of those guys...but sometimes it works.

Should I drink tonight when I have to work tomorrow at 1. Yeah, I can be THAT GUY, I am ok with that. Should I buy a round of drinks I can't really afford when a cute guy comes up to the table. Yeah, I wanna be THAT GUY, and he'll at least thank me, and we could hit it off. Should I eat a big breakfast and then go shopping at Field's with my friends? No, I don't wanna be THAT GUY...I'll leave that up to Ami. (by the way, did we ever figure out what died in your ass?)

So, it's not a perfect science, but a good guideline. Next time you need to make a decision, just ask yourself, "Do you wanna be THAT GUY?

(by the way THAT GUY should be pronounced in all italic CAPS.)





2 Comments:

Blogger ShinyFun said...

OK, first of all I was with you when you were THAT GUY, no offense but I wish I hadn't been. Jeez, I was throwing up in a trash can in line for the bathroom while you were...doing that. And Field's is not something that needs to be Blogged about, talked about, or infered to anyone other than the inside group (that is you, me, and Joe). Let's not give out anymore info on that day, the day before, or any days surrounding that. Ting.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Extra Ordinary Boy said...

Love the *Ting* at the end...

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home