White DE version 2

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Got My Name In the Paper

WOO HOO

Ok, so it's in the Local section...and on page B2 of the local section...and they spelled it wrong...but it's there. I am a 'surviving' in one of the shortest obits I have ever seen.

Boyd Mc Millian

Boyd G. McMillian, 53, of Lafayette, died at 3:31 a.m. Sunday, April 17, 2005, at St. Elizabeth Medical Center.

Born June 5, 1951, in Lafayette, he was a life resident of the area.

He was a 1969 graduate of Southwestern High School and a veteran of the Navy.

Mr. McMillan enjoyed reading.

Surviving are a son, Matthew McMillian, and a daughter, Elizabeth McMillian, both of Lafayette; his father, Keith McMillian, and a brother, Kirk McMillian.

FYI: There is no 'a' in my last name. It's just funny how many times it is mispelled. And I just realized it is spelled 2 different ways...neither of which are correct...and there is no space in the last name, either.

Also funny to me to see so many odd names all together. My father's family is Scottish, so I can only assume that's where Keith, Boyd, and Kirk all came from.

Please, God*, when I die, let my obit say more than I graduated high school, then did something, reproduced, and enjoyed reading. I don't know what mine would say right now...nothing too impressive...maybe they will spell my name right, though.

And I had no idea he was 53! That seems awfully old. My mother would only be 47 this year. She was only 11 when he graduated high school...that's just gross.

*By the use of the term God, I am in no way implying a religious loyalty to a certain being. Just easier than getting into all that again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interested. Keep Blogging!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home