White DE version 2

Friday, April 29, 2005

Don't Eat the Creepy Parts

So, the US gov't has redesigned the food pyramid...old news, I know. I just happened across this handy page that explains exactly how much you need to be eating. Great idea, right? Sure, but look at their explanations below each group. I'm sorry, but telling me to drink more milk because bones, teeth, and milk are all white...the logic is a little lacking there. And telling parents to choose products with additional sweeteners to get their children to eat fruit? I foolishly expected a little more from the USDA...

2 Comments:

Blogger Pimpin' said...

Yum... Teeth and bones...

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is where I am terribly unhealthy. I totally do not eat 5 cups of fruits and veggies.. does juice count? Plus I'm allergic to raw fruits and veggies... and i hate milk! that's why Jake makes fun of me for being a shortie. ~Ann

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home